Last night D and her Bible study buddies had the opportunity to learn a new skill and serve fellow young women in Africa, who don't have access to our conveniences, at the same time. Thanks to Andrea (click on name) and the involvement she has with WIPHAN (click), I was led to provide this opportunity for these girls.
Since I have NO sewing skills myself though, I knew God would have to make it happen. And He did. While watching our High School football game one Friday night I was sharing with some friends my desire to see this happen despite my lack of skill and equipment. My friend said, "You need to talk with Lisa. She owns Edward's Sewing. Well, she no more than finished saying her name and Lisa and her family walk right by us to sit down. How awesome is that!!
I shared with Lisa, after introducing myself, my desire and from there on out she enabled this to succeed by opening up her store to us, gathering other helpers, and getting donations of supplies. I mean REALLY, all we need to do sometimes is be obedient in taking the FIRST step then God does the rest. This was definitely one of those times.
So, THANK YOU Edward's Sewing, Lisa and crew, for letting this boisterous Bible study bunch learn and serve last night. And Thank you Andrea for inspiring us to do this. I warn you that our donations are the work of first timers, but with that in mind, I am very proud of their accomplishment!!
Oh, and tomorrow is Orphan Sunday (see my shirt above). A shout out on behalf of the world's 147 million orphans. So many ways to help! What will you do??
No comments:
Post a Comment