A whisper in our heart has led to an adventure

A journal documenting our adoption journey to Africa and other various Donaldson delights.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

This Happy Mother's Day....We're HOME!!!

SO much to post and too tired to do it all, so I'll start with a little piece and work backward then forward to fill you in on this past week.
Our surprise homecoming welcome at the Indy airport (we don't even live in Indy) by sweet friends..totally unexpected and so thoughtful!!!

2 anxious siblings eagerly  awaiting the arrival of their new brother and sister..even in the rain:


First time in our car on the trip home from the airport:

 What 30 hours of International travel will do to you:

A tad hard to wake up when we arrived, and more than groggy, but managed to smile some for first family of 7 pics:



Sweet welcome from more friends and family...Thank you Davis's, mom and Aunt Sue!!!


Wonderful first dinner home.  Made with love by Mom D who stayed here to watch our D's who didn't travel with us:

And pic from today of mommy's men:

Thanking God today for our moms..


And for Abel and Feven Faiths birth mom who my heart is very tender for today.

Thank you Jesus for blessing me abundantly.  I am one grateful mama!!!
Happy Mother's Day!!!

9 comments:

Deena said...

YEAH!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and your beautiful children! Hope you are feeling rested and enjoying your first Mother's Day of five kiddos ;)

Sue said...

How fitting to come home on Mother's Day weekend! God bless you ALL Donaldson's!!! I can't wait to meet them. They look so happy :)

sasha parker said...

I checked your blog last night... dying to hear or see some pictures! Praise the Lord!!! I am so thrilled for you all! What an amazing Mother's day gift from Jesus!
Praying for your sweet family!

LauraZ said...

Angie,
Thank you so much for sharing. Beautiful! What an amazing journey. God is so good! I was thinking about you this weekend wondering if you made it home. You are a beautiful and blessed Momma! Happy Mother's Day! Can not wait to meet your precious children. Call me when you recover!

Nicole said...

So happy with tears of joy for your family! You have a gorgeous family and so thankful for the gift of getting to meet you all!

Evan said...

I have been so excited to see pics! The kids are beautiful-all five of them! Happy Mother's Day!

Mary said...

Welcome Home!!! (I am a friend of Sasha) ~ I am so happy to see you home with your sweet children. I have prayed for you often and will continue too!! "The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made." Psalm 145:13

Susan said...

So happy to see you home! And home for Mother's Day - what a gift! The kids look so great!!

kim said...

How beautiful!! Welcome home! Great pictures!!