A whisper in our heart has led to an adventure

A journal documenting our adoption journey to Africa and other various Donaldson delights.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dear Abel and Feven Faith

It will be 7 weeks this Saturday from the time we first met you in person and hugged and kissed you and you melted our hearts.  What you don't know though is that you have been in our hearts for almost a year since we first saw your picture.
To say that this mama and dad and brothers and sister are anxious for your arrival would be an understatement.  We thought for sure you would be here with us in our home already.  I'm so sorry you have to wait.  There are so many details in the whole process and we seem to have gotten more than our share.  Know that we have not forgotten you, that we think about you all the time, and pray that we can come get you quickly.  We question, and pester to the point of annoyance on your behalf and we won't stop until we have you.  You are precious, our darlings, and we can't wait to love you in person!!
~Mama and Dad

6 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Praying with you that you can travel quickly. xo

Tiffany said...

Praying with and for you. It has been 7 weeks this Wednesday for us. It is agony.

Polly said...

Love you, Ang! XO

Sue said...

Sniff, Sniff..we're still praying!

Marianne said...

Hi - I found your blog through the Westra's site. I'm so sorry for the waiting you've had to endure. We went through some of that last spring, when our case failed to pass court until the third try. Again, I'm so sorry. I know that agony of feeling like your heart is half way around the world. May the God of all comfort comfort you during your distress, so that you too may be able to encourage others. (2 Corinthians 1:3,4)

Marianne said...

Hi Angie -
I love how Abel is such a popular Ethiopian name. We say "Abel" mostly the American way now, but he still recognizes the Ethiopian way (Ah-bell). Which way will you say with your son?
Marianne